Deadlines & Documents
Two main target groups will be eligible to enrol in the program:
I] Excellent academic students with a Bachelor degree in Medicine, Biology, Biomedical sciences, (Bio)Chemistry, or related studies:
- from Erasmus MC
- from another Dutch university
- from an international university
II] Excellent non-academic students with a Bachelor degree from an Applied Sciences University (laboratory colleges or equivalent), only after nomination by their college:
- from Applied Sciences University Rotterdam
- from another Dutch Applied Sciences University
- from an international equivalent
The applicant should have a good working command of the English language, both oral and written. Foreign applicants whose native language is not English should submit the official score of either one of the approved English Language Tests (TOEFLS or IELTS).
Requested documents for the application
For ALL applicants:
- The completed Application Form
- A Motivation letter
- A Resumé
- List of your grades and diplomas
- At least 2 letters of recommendation from your professors, teachers or supervisors
- Copy of the personal data page in your passport (non-EU) or ID-card
For foreign applicants whose native language is not English a copy of a recent:
- TOEFL test (Test Of English as a Foreign Language) with minimal score:
- 550 for paper based test
- 213 for computer based test,
- 80 for internet based test,
- IELTS test (International English Language Testing System) with minimal score: 6
All documents provided should be in English!
- Interviews will be scheduled between 15 APRIL and 3 MAY 2019:
- For students living in the Netherlands interviews will take place at Erasmus MC
- For students living abroad, interviews will be done using webcams through an internet connection (Skype)
- Second week of MAY 2019 at the latest all students will be informed whether or not they are admitted.
- The 1st Summer Course for Class 2016-2018 starts on Monday 2 September 2019.
Again APPLICATION DEADLINE:
Monday 1 APRIL 2019 23.59 PM CET
Are you looking into a job in the field of research and are you considering The Netherlands as your new workplace? Welcome2NLResearch will help you by providing all kinds of useful information, regarding topics such as work, housing and documentation. For instance, how to prepare the necessary documents in your home country to make sure your health insurance will be accepted, or everything you need to know when arranging your housing. Welcome2NLResearch also provides you with information on where to look for job openings in The Netherlands.
Have you already found a job and are you coming to The Netherlands? Welcome2NLResearch will help you to prepare yourself, with a checklist of things to do and arrange before arrival as well as after arrival. The app also contains additional practical information, for example in case you are coming with family and/or pets.
The app starts with an intake form, where you can select your country of origin, the institution you will be working for or want to work for (university, research institution, or university medical centre), as well as the duration of your stay and the type of employment. Based on this information, the app will create a checklist of things to do and documents to arrange, so you can check all the boxes before you come.
The information section of the app contains details about how to prepare, arranging suitable housing, things you need to know, and additional information about bringing your family and living in The Netherlands. The main menu also provides the contact details of the fourteen Dutch universities, five research institutions and eight university medical centres.
Welcome2NLResearch app in Google Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.sofokles.welcome2nlresearch
Welcome2NLResearch app in Apple Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/welcome2nlresearch/id1150805733?mt=8